At the British Columbia Lung Association, we are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting the personal information you may choose to send us.
- You do not need to disclose personal information to use our website.
- We do not use any personal information you may voluntarily provide to us, other than for the purposes for which you may provide it. (For example, you may provide personal information in order to make a donation, send us feedback via the website, or subscribe to a newsletter).
- This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to read the Privacy Policies of other websites you may visit.
1. What this Policy Covers
The policy statement has been prepared to affirm our commitment to maintaining your privacy and to inform you of the policies and practices we follow in protecting the personal information of our supporters and others who access or purchase our products and services (“Clients”). Specifically, this Policy concerns how personal information is collected, used, securely maintained and ultimately disposed of properly.
2. Purposes for Collection Of Personal Information
BCLA collects information provided in writing (including via electronic media) or verbally about our supporters and Clients and does so for the following purposes, depending upon the specific circumstances:
- to respond to your requests for information, counselling and guidance;
- to communicate with and understand the needs of our supporters and Clients;
- to deliver requested products and services;
- to maintain a record of your involvement with BCLA;
- to conduct fundraising activities and inform you about ourselves and our work;
- to record and process donations;
- to provide income tax receipts;
- to manage our relationship with our supporters and Clients;
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements;
- to conduct analysis for management purposes; such other purposes consistent with the foregoing purposes in order to fulfil our charitable mandate;
- to communicate with grant applicants; and to respond to mandated government reporting requirements.
3. How Personal Information Is Used
BCLA only collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for purposes that would be considered reasonable in the circumstances, and only such information as is required for the purposes identified. We use only fair and lawful methods to collect Personal Information.
Our use of personal information is limited to the purposes described in this policy.
4. How Personal Information Is Maintained and Disclosed
As a general rule, all information concerning our supporters and Clients is held in strict confidence and, except in limited circumstances is not revealed to anyone else unless expressly or implicitly authorized by such individuals.
We may also disclose personal information to meet regulatory requirements or otherwise with your consent, as required or permitted by law. Where we are obliged or permitted to disclose personal information without consent, BCLA will not disclose more information than is required.
The BCLA stores and maintains personal information in conformity with the requirements of PIPA and other applicable laws respecting the protection of personal information and privacy.
6. IP Addresses
As for most websites, our server logs your IP address on our server files. No effort is made to connect your IP address with you as an individual. Rather, we use IP address data in aggregate to get broad demographic/geographic information about how our site is used.
It is the policy of BCLA to control the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with all requirements of applicable laws. The following principles have been adopted by BCLA subject to exceptions permitted under applicable law.
BCLA is responsible for the personal information collected and maintained by it and which is under its control. In order to fulfill this responsibility:
- We have designated an official to be responsible for the day-to-day care and control of personal information, namely our Privacy Officer;
- developing procedures to receive and respond to complaints and inquiries;
- training our staff about our policies and practices respecting personal information; and
- developing and distributing information to our staff and the general public
- explaining our policies and procedures respecting personal information.
2. Identifying Purposes
BCLA is committed to openness to you regarding its collection and use of personal information. As discussed, we collect and use personal information for the above-mentioned limited purposes.
To demonstrate this openness, we require the consent of our constituents and mailing list subscribers prior to using their personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
BCLA is committed to ensuring that you are aware of how your personal information is used. We are dedicated to obtaining the consent of individuals who provide us with their personal information. To this end, all our employees or agents are instructed to provide information about how personal information is used by us to all interested individuals who inquire, as well as obtain the consent of those who provide their personal information.
Consent can be obtained orally, in writing or electronically, or it can be implied where the purpose for collecting, using or disclosing the personal information would be considered obvious and the individual voluntarily provides it for such purposes. Consent can also be implied where the individual concerned is given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt out of a use of his or her personal information (for example for mail-outs, fundraising, or public acknowledgement of donations) and the individual does not opt out.
As well, we may periodically request written confirmation from you to ensure that the personal information collected and maintained by us is up-to-date and accurate. We also may ensure that we have your continuing consent to the use and retention of your personal information.
BCLA will disclose your personal information, without knowledge or consent, only if permitted or required by applicable law including, by way of example:
- to conform to obligations imposed by law or statute;
- in an emergency that threatens an individuals’ life, health or personal security;
- as required pursuant to a criminal investigation.
4. Limiting Collection
BCLA restricts the collection of personal information only to that information that is necessary for the limited purposes noted above. We are committed to collecting personal information in a fair, open and lawful manner. For this reason, BCLA does not indiscriminately collect personal information. We collect personal information to fulfill the above-noted purposes only, and for no other purposes.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
BCLA does not use personal information for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected, unless it has first obtained the consent of the person from whom such information was received. We retain personal information only for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected, or for a legal or business purpose.
BCLA is committed to maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information. If you are aware of changes to the personal information you have given to us, simply inform us of the changes and we will update our records accordingly.
You may check and correct your personal information by contacting us through our Privacy Officer.
BCLA has developed and implemented security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information kept by us. These security safeguards include:
- physical security measures, such as locked cabinet storage and restricted access to areas where personal information is stored; an
- internal employee security measures, including restricted computer access, employee confidentiality agreements and limited access to where personal information is stored.
If we collect information from you or from third parties we will have obtained the necessary consent to do so, or will do so as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We also ensure that any of our employees who deal with personal information are properly trained and are aware of the necessary and appropriate measures required to protect personal information.
Any personal information kept by us is disposed of once it is no longer needed to meet the purposes for which it was collected, unless we receive your permission to keep such information, or is kept as required by law.
BCLA makes information about its policies and practices respecting the collection and maintenance of personal information available to all interested parties. We are pleased to answer any questions that you may have regarding the collection and maintenance of personal information; please direct your letter or e-mail to our Privacy Officer.
9. Individual Access
You can also request access to your personal information held by us. However, we reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access to personal information before complying with any access requests. Please forward your request in writing or via e-mail to our Privacy Officer.
Upon request, we will inform you if we have any of your personal information in our care and control, as well as providing you with the details of such personal information. In responding to your request, we may charge you a fee.
If we are unable to provide you with access to all of the personal information we hold about you, then the reasons for the denial of access will be provided to you.
10. Challenging Compliance
As noted above, BCLA has designated an official who is responsible for the day-to-day care and control of personal information. This official, the Privacy Officer will receive and respond to all information requests regarding our privacy policies or about your personal information under our care and control.
If you wish to be added or removed from any of the lists BCLA maintains, please write or email your request to the mailing list administrator at: info@bc. คาสิโนฟรีไม่มีเงินฝาก www.thedogtackshop.com
We investigate all complaints received by us and will respond in writing in a timely manner. If any complaint is found to be justified, then we will take appropriate measures to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the complainant.
How to add, remove or amend your personal information
If, at any time, you wish to amend your personal information with us or remove your name from our mailing lists, simply inform us in writing at the address below or by e-mail, to the attention of:
2675 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC V6H 2K2
Email: privacy.officer@bc. คาสิโนฟรีไม่มีเงินฝาก www.thedogtackshop.com
British Columbia Lung Association editorial policy
The British Columbia Lung Association (BCLA) does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. Therefore, mention of commercial products, processes, or services on BCLA's national website – www. คาสิโนฟรีไม่มีเงินฝาก www.thedogtackshop.com – cannot be construed as an endorsement or recommendation.
BCLA maintains full editorial control of its website content. Commercial sponsors of this site are in no way involved with decisions regarding design, content, authorship, editorial policy, procedure or practice. Links to other Internet sites are provided for informational purposes and the convenience of its users. When users select a link to an external website, they are leaving the British Columbia Lung Association website and are thus subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site.
BCLA does not endorse organizations that sponsor linked, external websites. In addition, BCLA does not endorse products or services that such organizations may offer. Furthermore, BCLA does not control or guarantee the currency, accuracy, relevance, or completeness of information found on linked, external websites.